3Ds Max Camera Flythrough Tutorial
3Ds Max Fulldome Tutorial
RIGGING IN 3DS MAX – Fundamentals Tutorial
creating stretchy IK bones in 3ds Max
- create your bone system, say ArmUp/ArmLow/ArmEnd.
- Set IK from ArmUp
- find the sum of the bone lengths (6/4/0 = 10)
- Find the percentage of bones to sum length (6/10 = 0.6 = 60%)
- Use Expose Transform to find the distance between IK handle and IK root.
- Wire Distance to ArmLow and ArmEnd XPosition using the following
- if (Distance>10) then 6+(0.6*(Distance-10)) else 6
creating Adjust Bones in 3ds Max
- with your bone system, create three points which will be pos/ori constrained to each bone of the sequence.
- Create controls and parent them to each of these points and FreezeTrans
- create new points per adjust bone used, and pos const between the two controls to the percentage needed. these also need a Look At to the control below. Up Node would be the point above.
- create new controls and parent them to the points. freezeTrans.
- If not done already, create an Arm Root node and parent everything to it. Include the adjust bones, which should be separated out and given end bones.
- Pos Const bones and ends to their controls, lookAt to the control below and use the control above as the upnode
- if you wish, wire the bones scale to it’s control’s scale.
- Clavicle bones should be pos const to a control, then look at the ArmUp adjust control.